Insolvency in Brazil
- Tue, October 5, 2021, 11:00 - 12:00
Unlimited Webinar Purchasers will be able to participate as a part of their package.
Registration Includes: One telephone and web connection at one physical location
About the Webinar
In January, a comprehensive reform of the Brazilian bankruptcy law came into force. The reform was intended to modernize and improve Brazil’s 2005 bankruptcy law, thus providing a more efficient, predictable and safe environment for all stakeholders. Hear from an in-country attorney about the main changes to the law and new features, including but not limited to:
- Financing of companies under reorganization, super priority and legal instruments to protect the investment
- Sale of assets free and clear in reorganization proceedings
- Creditors’ alternative restructuring plan in reorganization proceedings
- Expedited sale of assets and liquidation plan in bankruptcy liquidation proceedings
- Cross-border rules to recognize foreign insolvency proceedings and applicable reliefs
About the Speaker
Julia Tamer Langen is a senior associate in the restructuring and insolvency practice of Veirano Advogados in São Paulo, with over 13 years’ experience in insolvency cases. She advises local and foreign creditors in out-of-court debt restructurings, judicial and prepackage reorganizations (recuperação judicial e extrajudicial), and bankruptcy liquidations. Her recent experience includes representing lender groups, bondholders, distressed investors and debtors in restructuring and judicial reorganization proceedings, as well as advising investors interested in acquiring assets in judicial reorganization proceedings. Julia earned an LLM in Commercial Law from the University of São Paulo and holds a post-graduate degree from FGV/Law.
Instructions to join the Webinar will be sent to the main registrant's email address the day before. Remember: Please log-in at least 15 minutes prior to the webinar commencing to ensure ample time for technical assistance if needed.