Debt Collections in Spain
- Thu, March 26, 2020, 10:00 - 11:00
Cost: Members: $95
Registration Includes: One telephone and web connection at one physical location
US: 10a.m. ET
About the Webinar
Following a brief overview on Spain, Bieren’s Belén Lopez Morata will share information about the payment behavior of Spanish companies as well as where and how to find information on them. This webinar will also include real case examples and cover:
- How to prevent payment problems
- How to strengthen your position as a creditor
- Spanish law concerning late payment interest, collection costs and statutory limits
- The amicable phase of debt collection: official summoning letters, debtors lists and payment plans.
- The legal phase of debt collection: an overview of the Spanish legal system and which legal procedures are suitable for collection claims.
- Insolvency and what to do
About the Speaker
Belen Lopez, Bierens
Belén Lopez Morata graduated from law school in Spain, at the University of Zaragoza. Belen is registered at the Spanish and Dutch Bar Association. After having worked as a sales manager for an international company specialized in luxury goods, she started at Bierens Debt Recovery Lawyers in 2007. Since then, she has handled international debt collection cases in both the amicable and judicial phase. Due to her professional background, she has a practical approach to debt collection cases and uses her commercial and legal knowledge to solve debt recovery matters in Spanish-speaking countries as often as possible out of court. In addition to this, she is educated as a legal translator, a sworn translator ( Spanish to Dutch and Dutch to Spanish) and has been registered at the Dutch court since 2010.
Instructions to join the Webinar will be sent to the main registrant's email address the day before. Remember! please log-in at least 15 minutes prior to the webinar commencing to ensure ample time for technical assistance if needed.