Reducing Trade and Compliance Risks in a Volatile 2019
- Tue, July 23, 2019, 10:00 - 11:00
Cost: Members: $95
Registration Includes: One telephone and web connection at one physical location
US: 10a.m. ET
About the Webinar
U.S. trade policy and tariffs in particular have become a hot topic for credit providers. This program will cover the Trump administration trade actions and Congressional legislation that have affected credit decisions. That includes a discussion of tariffs, targeted sanctions programs, the impact of the United States-Mexico-Canada (USMCA) Free Trade Agreement (NAFTA 2.0), the changes to the Committee on Foreign Investment in the United States (CFIUS) and the new export controls on emerging technologies. These actions have increased attention on supply chain management, country of origin issues, foreign ownership and scrutiny of potential deal partners as they may lead to problematic foreign ownership or control over U.S. emerging technologies or economic sanctions violations. Ultimately, these issues affect everything from component purchases to future investment opportunities. Moreover, increased enforcement is affecting audit plans, leading to more external reviews, and creating a better understanding of how these issues affect management decisions.
Topics that will be addressed during the program:
- How to navigate legitimately through and around tariffs, including identifying tariff exclusions and developing a strategy for and identifying the risks of passing tariff costs onto customers
- What to be paying attention to as an importer or exporter in 2019
- Impact of tariffs on customers in or approaching financial distress
- How to identify if your products are controlled technologies
About the Speakers
Doreen Edelman, Partner, Lowenstein Sandler LLP
Bruce Nathan, Partner, Lowenstein Sandler LLP
Instructions to join the Webinar will be sent to the main registrant's email address the day before. Remember! please log-in at least 15 minutes prior to the webinar commencing to ensure ample time for technical assistance if needed.