Advanced Letters of Credit
- Tue, December 4, 2018
Cost: Members: $95
US: 10:00am ET
About the Webinar
When properly used, commercial export letters of credit (LCs) are one of the safest products to secure export payments, second only to cash-in-advance.
But if companies don't fully understand the documentary requirements of LCs, they have been known to create needless headaches.
Wells Fargo's Glenn Ransier will discuss letters of credit and how they work, including:
- Discussions that should occur at the contract level
- The role that different banks play in the letter of credit process; who exactly has provided their undertaking
- The value of letter of credit confirmations
- Understanding payment tenors for sight, acceptance, deferred payment and negotiation
- Opinions which discuss document examination practices
This webinar is intended for credit professionals who have a basic working knowledge of letter of credit basics.
About the Speaker
Glenn Ransier, SVP Head of Documentary Trade and SBLCs, Wells Fargo Bank N.A., Charlotte, NC
Instructions to join the Webinar will be sent to the main registrant's email address the day before. Remember! please log-in at least 15 minutes prior to the webinar commencing to ensure ample time for technical assistance if needed.