What B2B Companies Should Know about GDPR
- Tue, July 10, 2018, 10:00
Cost: Members: $95
Registration Includes: One telephone and web connection at one physical location
US: 10AM ET, 8AM PT, GMT -05:00
About the Webinar
The definition of personal data in the EU’s General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) makes no distinction between consumer and business data. GDPR strictly regulates how private and public organizations worldwide gather and use the personal data of EU citizens. However, with the popular press emphasizing the consumer protection angle, it is easy to forget the implications of GDPR for business-to-business entities.
This webinar will include a discussion on:
- What to consider if any of your customers are unincorporated businesses (such as sole traders or partnerships)
- Legal considerations if your business processes data relating to the personnel of your customers and what this means about further uses of the data
- GDPR implications if your customer list is unlawfully hacked or stolen
- GDPR implications of transferring data outside the EU
- Marketing to you customer list under GDPR
About the Speaker
Nicola Howell, Senior Compliance and Privacy Attorney, Dun & Bradstreet, Marlow England
Nicola Howell leads Dun & Bradstreet’s European privacy team, which provides oversight and guidance on privacy issues to help ensure businesses are compliant with privacy and data protection legislation. Nicola previously served as commercial and regulatory counsel for various national retailers.
Instructions to join the Webinar will be sent to the main registrant's email address the day before. Remember! please log-in at least 15 minutes prior to the webinar commencing to ensure ample time for technical assistance if needed.